Monday, October 4, 2010

Flathead Lake Granny-Apple

Sorry about that week lapse, that probably went mostly unnoticed, or labeled as the Joel Torres standard. I was down with the flu for a WHOLE week, as I know many people have been recently. Today I sit before my computer with a green liquid awaiting my consumption. Flathead Lake Monster Gourmet Soda, Granny-Apple flavor, is the beverage of the day, purchased at the Rocket Fizz in Ventura, CA. I have to say when it comes to fruit flavored sodas, I find most of them to have an overpowering sweetness. Apple is an unusual flavor as far as I am concerned, so I figured it was worth a shot. Let’s see, the drink smells like your average apple flavored candy, just a bit lighter. First swig, it actually tastes like a sweet green apple, leaning towards being a little over ripe. So far, so good. Hmm, well, as far as I can tell, this drink seems to suffer from too much sugar as is the norm. I don’t suppose many soda makers aim for drinks that are light on the taste buds and stomach, but I prefer them that way. Over ice, the taste gets worn down enough, making it more tolerable, but this is not the kind of drink that is particularly refreshing. It seems to lean more towards Kool-Aid than gourmet soda. Let me just say this isn’t a reflection on the whole Flathead Lake line as far as I know. I have yet to try any of the other flavors. I think if I were grading this soda, it would have earned a C. It isn’t really special, just one of your run of the mill fruit sodas. Since I don’t feel my teeth rotting, maybe it deserves a C+.

And speaking of tooth rotting, I have two cavities that are killing me right now. Anyone know a cheap dentist? Preferably one that isn’t run out of a garage. Well, beggars can’t be choosers I suppose. Next week I will return with another pointless review of a tasty beverage, and I hope you will humor me by reading it.

http://www.flatheadlakemonster.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment